Teacher Feature: Ms. Rice

dsc_0185

by Danny Jo

Ms. Rice is a teacher at UISZ, but she was originally interested in dancing.   Now her hobbies are watching, films, reading books, swimming, and walking for fitness. However, when she was young the story went the other way…

“I use to do dance, ballet and tap dance until I was 17-years-old,” she said.

Ms. Rice teaches humanities at UISZ and she has strong characteristics that everyone acknowledges. She has  good skills in teaching her students, and they are satisfied with her as a teacher.  Another interesting fact about Ms. Rice is that no one in her family motivated her to be a teacher.

“My father was a carpenter, and my mother was a nurse.” 

She was born in the United Kingdom, in a family with one younger brother. So, she chose to be a teacher when she was 16 or 17-year-old, and now she became a teacher in our school. After her high school, she went to Cardiff university and graduated from there. Having finished the university, she decided to become a teacher and then she went to Sussex university to get a college degree. Having finished her degree she try teaching for 5 years. That was 15 years ago! And now she loves to teach her students.

She taught in 2 different schools in U.K after her degree. The first school, she taught for 3 years and the other school, she taught for 10 years!

From her perspective,  UISZ is smaller than other schools,  and this makes our school have a better community feel. She also thinks that in some way it is lot easier because of a smaller number, smaller class sizes,  and also the British teaching system. 

She would love to continue teaching after this term.

Bookmark the permalink.